Auditions for the Spring Musical, Shrek will take place on January 7th & 8th at 6PM at the high school. Attendance at at both nights is not required, however we recommend all interested 9th-12th grade students in the Little Miami school district attend both auditions if possible.
Students interested in working crew may also apply by filling out the audition form. Students interested in only crew positions should plan to attend the first hour of auditions on Sunday night.
Performance dates for Shrek will be as follows:
Thursday, March 21, 2023 at 7:00 PM
Friday, March 22, 2023 at 7:00 PM
Saturday, March 23, 2023 at 7:00 PM (potential 2PM show as well)
Sunday, March 24, 2023 at 2:00 PM
All auditions will take place in the Little Miami High School Theater or Choir Room. No prior experience necessary. If you are cast in the show or selected to work on the tech crew, there is a $100 participation fee for the spring production and will be due once rehearsals begin.
Please note: Tech week for the production begins on Sunday, March 17th and will include long rehearsals and late nights. Cast and crew must attend all of tech week in order to be eligible for the show.
1. Students must fill out the audition packet located below if they are interesting in auditioning for a roll or if would like to be considered for a technical crew position. Please include ALL conflicts which occur between the audition dates and the final performance of the show. We are able to plan around some conflicts. However, depending on the number of conflicts and when they occur, those conflicts may prevent casting in some roles, and possibly the production. We CANNOT plan around conflicts which are NOT listed at the time of auditions. Therefore, please be sure to list all conflicts must be noted on the form prior to auditions. Audition forms must be turned in at the start of the audition otherwise the student will not be able to participate.
2. Students should wear comfortable shoes and clothing in which they can easily move in.
3. Students should familiarize themselves with the show by reading the script and reviewing the audition materials.
(links located below)
4. Things to Remember While You are Auditioning:
* We want you to succeed, so relax and have fun.
* You are “auditioning” from the moment you walk into the building, until the minute you leave.
* If you make a mistake, don’t worry. Everyone makes mistakes. What’s more important, is how you handle
* We are also looking at behavior when not on stage, how you interact with others, take direction and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and improve your skills.
6. If cast in the show or chosen to serve on the technical crew, there are a few associated costs to participate:
* The participation fee for the fall play is $50 per performer/crew member.
* The participation fee for the spring musical is $100 per performer/crew member.
* You will be expected to purchase the required shoes and/or special undergarments to wear in rehearsals,
and during the performance. Additional details will be made available after casting.
Please take time to fill out the audition form below and bring it with you to auditions. It is important to fill in all scheduling conflicts.